Get ready for a festive and fun Easter celebration with an easy and delicious twist! Impress your guests with a unique and colorful jello shot recipe that’s sure to become a hit at any gathering.
Our Easy Jello Shots for Easter not only offers a fun and tasty way to enjoy the holiday but it’s also incredibly simple to make.
Say goodbye to the hassle of complicated recipes and say hello to an effortless and enjoyable way to celebrate this special occasion.
These Easter jello shots are sure to be a huge hit at your next Easter celebration!
Jello Shots for Easter Ingredients
- Pink Starburst Jell-O
- Lemon Jell-O
- Grape Jell-O
- Whipped Cream Vodka
- Boiling Hot Water
- Cold Water
- Whipped Cream (optional)
Things to Note
- Do not add whipped cream to the top of your shots if you’re not serving them right away. You’ll want to keep lids on your shots and top them right before serving.
- For some strange reason, I had to go through three grape jello boxes as it seemed to react differently than the other flavors. If you have an issue with it not setting up, add less liquid, starting with the alcohol. You can also place it in the freezer before placing the last layer on.
- Don’t try and add a new layer until the layer below it is solid. If it’s runny at all, it will make the colors mix.
- You can use other means to get the liquid in the cups. However, I have not found anything that works as quickly or cleanly as the injector. Strange? Maybe, but it works.
Frequently Asked Questions
How far in advance can I make these?
You can make these 2-3 days in advance. However, these do keep in the fridge well for up to 5 days, with lids.
Can I use other types of alcohol?
You can use any vodka or alcohol you prefer, just don’t go over ¾ cup alcohol in each layer as it won’t solidify if you do. Vanilla vodka, white rum, tequila and gin are all great options.
How do I transfer them to the fridge to cause the jello to set?
The best way I’ve found to transfer jello shots to the fridge is to place them on a cookie sheet (you can cover it with aluminum foil for easy clean up) and then place the baking sheet into the fridge.
Can I use a different color?
Yes! You can certainly use any colors of jello you’d like. Just keep in mind, you’ll want to use a clear alcohol to achieve bright colored layers of jello.
How to Make a Jello Shots for Easter
Line your cups up on a baking sheet that will fit them. No lids.
For the first layer, place your yellow jello mixture in a medium mixing bowl and add ½ cup boiling water. Mix until no graininess remains.
Add ¾ cup vodka and ½ cup cold water to the bowl. Mix well.
Using the injector, fill up each shot cup a third of the way.
Place in the fridge for an hour or until solidified.
For the second layer, repeat steps 2-4, but use the grape jello instead.
Once the purple jello has solidified, repeat steps 2-4 for the next layer using the pink jello.
Once the last layer has solidified, top with some whipped cream, if desired, and enjoy!
- 1 Box Pink Starburst Jell-O (3.93 ounces)
- 1 Box Lemon Jell-O (3 ounces)
- 1 Box Grape Jell-O (3 ounces)
- 2 ¼ Cups Whipped Cream Vodka
- 1 ½ Cups Boiling Hot Water
- 1 ½ Cups Cold Water
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Line your cups up on a baking sheet that will fit them. No lids.
- For the first layer, place your yellow jello mixture in a medium mixing bowl and add ½ cup boiling water. Mix until no graininess remains.
- Add ¾ cup vodka and ½ cup cold water to the bowl. Mix well.
- Using the injector, fill up each shot cup a third of the way.
- Place in the fridge for an hour or until solidified.
- For the second layer, repeat steps 2-4, but use the grape jello instead.
- Once the purple jello has solidified, repeat steps 2-4 for the next layer using the pink jello.
- Once the last layer has solidified, top with some whipped cream, if desired, and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 17Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please consult with a registered dietitian for dietary advice.