This Kamikaze Shot Recipe just requires 3-ingredients making it an easy and fun shot to make for a crowd.
A classic kamikaze shot is one of the most popular vodka shots simply because they are so easy to make.
Traditionally, a kamikaze drink is made using equal parts of different alcohol content. However, in this recipe, we changed things up a bit and we think it tastes delicious!
This classic shot is not for the faint of heart. It is a fun shot with a kick that is perfect for your next party.
And if jello shot recipes are your thing, try these Easter Jello Shots.
- The amount of sweetened lime juice you add will depend on your preferences. I use ½ an ounce, but some like to do it per shot so each person can add their preferred amount. How you do it is totally up to you.
- I’m what you call a lightweight so I prefer sugar on the rim for this shot, but it’s purely preference. This shot is a super strong one for me and biting into the lime afterwards was a huge mistake. Go for sugar if you need it to be tamed.
- To add sugar to the rim, dip the rim of each shot glass into some extra sweetened lime juice and then dip it into some loose white granulated sugar before pouring the liquid into the glass.
- You can use bottled or fresh lime juice in place of the sweetened, but you’ll definitely want to coat the rims in sugar if you do. As mentioned, it’s a strong shot and the bit of sweetness levels it out.
- I don’t like using ice in the shaker for these shots because it adds bubbles that I don’t prefer the look of when serving to guests. Of course, if it’s just you or you don’t care, use all the ice you like. I like to keep my ingredients chilled so I can just skip the ice.
How to Make Kamikaze Shots
This kamikaze cocktail is so easy to make on a whim.
Simply cut your limes and gather your ingredients. Follow the directions below to add your ingredients to a cocktail shaker, shake and pour into shot glasses.
Garnish with a lime wedge and serve and enjoy!
- 6 Ounces Vodka
- 2 Ounces Triple Sec
- Sweetened Lime Juice to taste (I use ½ ounce)
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker and gently shake for a few seconds. Shake with ice if ingredients aren’t chilled.
- Pour into shot glasses and garnish with a piece of fresh lime, if desired, and enjoy!